If you are looking to replace a missing tooth, have you considered dental implants as an option? Implants offer several benefits whether you're missing one tooth or all of them. Read below to learn more about this great restoration option, and call our Farmington, MI, dentist, Dr. Stephen Harris, if you are interested in undergoing treatment!
How can dental implants restore my smile?
Unlike other restoration choices, dental implants replace one of the most important parts of your tooth: the root. Roots securely attach teeth to the jawbone and provide stimulation that keeps the bone strong and healthy.
Dental implants, combined with dental crowns, create a complete replacement for your missing tooth. The implants are small posts created out of titanium, a lightweight metal that bonds to bone and is commonly used in hip and knee replacements. Implants are added to your jawbone during a minor oral surgical procedure at our Farmington office.
Are dental implants right for me?
Dental implants can be an excellent choice if:
- You're troubled by gaps in your smile: Missing teeth can make even the most secure person feel a little self-conscious. Luckily, the new dental crown attached to the top of your implant will look and feel just like a natural tooth!
- You don't want your teeth to shift: Drifting teeth can occur after you lose a tooth. If your teeth change position, it may be difficult to remove plaque from overlapping sections, and your bite may change. Dental implants prevent these problems from happening.
- You're tired of chewing on one side of your mouth: It's not easy to bite or tear into foods when you're missing a tooth. If you're like most people, you may resort to chewing on one side only, which can increase wear on those teeth. Dental implants restore your ability to chew normally after tooth loss.
- You have dentures and can't eat certain foods: Traditional dentures decrease biting power, making it difficult to eat some tougher foods. Fortunately, implant-supported dentures improve your ability to eat all of the foods that you love!
- You're looking for a long-lasting restoration option: Thanks to the unique bonding ability of titanium implants, you'll likely never have the need to replace your restorations (your dentist will need to replace your crowns approximately every 10 to 15 years, however).
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call your Farmington, MI, dentist, Dr. Stephen Harris, today at (248) 478-4755 to schedule an appointment!