Are you looking to restore your teeth? Do you want a cost-effective solution and treatment that will last you? If that's the case, then look no further. Dr. Stephen Harris, your Farmington, MI, dentist can help you.
According to the American College of Prosthodontists, about 120 million people have about one missing tooth and around 36 million people do not have any teeth at all in the USA, which makes dentures a great way to restore your smile, and around 15 percent of individuals who have missing teeth get dentures every year.
Types of Dentures:
- Removable partial dentures, also known as semi-permanent, are attached with retention clasps to dental implants or already-existing natural teeth. You can take them out to clean them whenever you want.
- Fixed dental bridges such as conventional fixed bridges, cantilever bridges, and resin-bonded bridges are permanent.
How to care for dentures?
It's important to know how to take care of your dentures. Here are a few tips:
- Rinse your dentures while they're in your mouth to get rid of any food particles or debris.
- Clean your cheeks, gums, the roof of your mouth and tongue while brushing your teeth so as to eliminate bad breath.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a cleanser to cleaning your dentures.
- Fully immerse your dentures in water when they're not in your mouth to prevent them from becoming misshaped.
The health of your teeth is of the utmost importance. If you're thinking about dentures and need to consult your dentist Dr. Stephen Harris in Farmington, MI, for more information, then don't hesitate to call (248) 478-4755 and make an appointment today!